Wednesday, July 29, 2015

You Don't Have to Like Me, I Love Me

I have something I really want to talk about. I'm beyond done with people saying that I "live off mommy and daddy's money". I am 17, a minor, after all. I don't know what planet you come from, but I'd say most minors do live off their parents money. But what I would really like to know is WHY DO YOU CARE HOW MY PARENTS CHOOSE TO SPEND THEIR MONEY? There are people less privileged than me. There are people more privileged than me. It's the same for all of us. I don't ever post anything to make anyone jealous. I know you don't believe that, but I don't. I just have a strong interest in makeup, clothes, purses, jewelry, etc. I'm not into many things, I don't enjoy sports or anything of the sort. Shopping is just my niche. I post what I enjoy. To me, my page full of makeup and Starbucks is equivalent to the guy or girl always posting his or her sports related items. Do you think Jim and Jill post pictures of a tennis racquet and a tennis ball to make people jealous? No. They do it because that is what they enjoy. I honestly can understand being envious of someone if you had to see them in real life everyday with the things you want. That's no reason to be mean to them, but I get that. What I don't get at all is the girls who follow me on social media and then complain about my lifestyle. If you don't like me & seeing my stuff makes you angry, don't follow me. It's that simple. I personally love to follow girls with luxurious lifestyles. Like, you get a new Louis Vuitton every week & you're only 15? You fuckin go girl. I've just never understood why you should hate someone for the way they were raised. Some people are born into rich families, some people are born into upper-middle class, lower-middle class, and poor families. It's just the luck of the draw. If my parents didn't want to buy me nice things, they wouldn't have to. They choose to. Why am I shamed for that? Should I say, "No, dad. Don't buy me that Tiffany necklace, please. I don't need it." Would you say that? Would you, really? No. You wouldn't. I don't like 25 year old girls complaining to me because they have a job & I don't. Well, you're 7 years past legal adulthood. I'm still 1 year away from it. I'm a still a kid. I don't need a job. If I don't need a job, why should  I get a job? My whole life after college will be spent working. I don't need to work right now. I'm a teenager. I need to enjoy my life, my time to be free. I also don't like girls saying, "I didn't know where my next meal would come from" or things like that. I'm sorry to hear that, but I in no way am the reason for that. You have no right to take that out on me. I'm such a genuine person & nobody would know that because they're too busy hating me for no reason. I'll never understand social media jealousy. I'll just never get it. I saw a girl on my TL the other day bitching because she hated a kid she babysat because the child had an iPad and she couldn't afford one. That really sucks, but is it that child's fault that their parents bought that for them to play with? It isn't. And it's really none of your business. And it's pathetic if you really hate a child for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment