Saturday, July 25, 2015

Makeup Regimen & Skin Care

I'm often told I wear "too much makeup" and "look like Barbie." So, if you don't want to be Barbie, you should probably stop reading. 

The first primer I ever tried was Too Faced Primed Poreless. I hated it. I bought the oil free one & it still made my makeup come off quicker and made me breakout. From then, I swore off primers. One day I was going through my mom's makeup because she has a lot of good shit & she had like 5,000 primers. So, I tried Laura Geller's primer ($30). I liked this one because it feels a lot like aloe rather than grease. 
Now I've been using Benefit Prime Time ($24). It has the slimy feeling that I'm not a fan of, but it's not TOO much. I think it makes my foundation go on smoother. I apply a thin layer of it then I blow dry my face on the cold setting to dry it. It's sort of a yellow sparkly color so don't go crazy with it. The more you apply, the more your makeup will slide around. And make sure it's dry before applying your foundation. I use my fingers to apply this. 
I've used many different foundations from Armani down to L'oreal. Nothing ever seemed to stay all day. I started going to a dermatologist, I don't have BAD acne, but the little bumps I have drive me crazy. He told me to get Almay Blemish Heal ($14) and I was like wow fuck my life I bet this shit will suck. It's actually the most AMAZING. It stays on all day, it's super thick full coverage, and I don't breakout from it. 
I use my Bare Minerals face perfecting brush ($28) to apply my foundation. It works well for me & I prefer it over beauty blenders - which I used to think were the best. 
After my foundation, I apply Erase Paste ($26) on my eyelids and under my eyes. I don't take it down to my cheeks like you would to highlight because it's extremely thick, so I use my Countour pencils for that. 


I use my Smashbox Countour pencils ($45) next. I'm not going to explain how to contour here, so.. YouTube it or something if you don't know. But they're really high coverage which I love. 
After I apply my liquid contour, I go over it with my Anastasia contour powders ($40). You need to apply very, very little. It's just to set your liquids. If you add too much, you'll look crazy colorful. I apply them with my Too Faced round kabuki ($34). 

I refuse to use any other eyeliner besides L'oreal Precision Eyeliner ($10-$12 I believe). It's amazing. I only use liquids & this one is super easy to apply & it's a thick liquid. 
I don't use mascaras because I only wear fake lashes. I recommend IT Cosmetics mascara ($24) though because it's literally the best I've used. It's better than Better Than Sex, so ignore that hype. By the way, I don't recommend Tarte mascara. It literally never dries & gets black all over your face. 


Next I apply my highlight to my cheekbones, which of course is Jaclyn Hill's Champagne Pop ($38). Worst picture ever, but it's beautiful. I  apply it with my IT Cosmetics flat top kabuki ($48). 



I find it useless to buy brow gels because a dark powder will do the same thing. I wet a Q-Tip and run it over my brows to remove any foundation that I got on them. I then wet the other side and rub it over my darkest Anastasia Contour powder. I go over my natural eyebrow with it just to make it darker rather than my skin showing through the hair. I don't draw my eyebrows into another shape because I tried that and I looked CRAZY.

I use a NYX lip liner in brown just to make my lips look fuller. I use different lipsticks & lipglosses everyday but I recommend e.l.f pout perfecter as a lipgloss. And I recommend Lime Crime's liquid lipsticks over anything. 

Once I'm all finished, I spray my Urban Decay setting spray ($30). It honestly does work amazingly. Even in the 100 degree whether, my makeup stays on all day. 

ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS PUT FOUNDATION ON YOUR NECK ALL THE WAY DOWN TO YOUR COLLARBONES. It will make your face look the same color as your body. My face and neck are always paler than the rest of me.

I was paying $400 a month for 1 dermatologist visit. The soap and medications he prescribed to me were all $600-$1,000 and the insurance wouldn't cover it. So, he gave me soap samples each month. I was paying $400 to see him for 2 seconds for soap samples. Anyway, he was giving me a soap that seemed to work really well. Guess what.. my Wal*Mart started carrying it for $10. So, I was paying $400 a month for soap samples of a $10 soap. But it works better than anything I've tried.. And I've tried a lot. 
After I get out of the shower, I dry off & get dressed. Once I'm not hot anymore and my face has had time to dry, I put rubbing alcohol all over my face. Yes, it burns.. But it's worth it. It completely dries out your face which means removing the oilyness and dissolving pimples. I do it before makeup during the day and before bed at night.  

I've only been using this for two days but it makes my skin SO soft. My face literally feels like a babies butt. Literally. It burns my face so i know it's got to be working. You can literally feel your pores breathing after you use this. & it only takes a pea sized drop. $20. 



No comments:

Post a Comment