Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Tanning Tips (for pale girls)

It's spring which means the sun is shining brighter and we're all looking even paler. I'm naturally a very pale girl. I always thought I was too white to tan, but I've been experimenting with tanning techniques for about 8 years now, and the last 3 years I found a technique that worked. Tanning beds don't work for me at all. They may work for you, everyone's skin is different, but no matter how many times I go into a bed, I stay pink/red. This of course means I'm pale in the winter, but I'm white, so I'm not ashamed/embarrassed of my paleness. Most pale girls stay in the sun too long, get burned, and then complain. You need to start out in smaller intervals. Depending on how easy you burn, start at 15-30 minutes on each side. Slowly work yourself up as the week goes on. I personally can't do anymore than an hour and thirty minutes on each side no matter how dark I am (and I get brown af). I use a clear tanning oil to speed up the process. I have tried every tanning oil/lotion on the market, and Hawaiian Tropics dark tanning oil is the ONLY thing that works for me. It's a pour bottle rather than a spray bottle, which is ideal because you need to apply A LOT. Don't be afraid to buy it, since it's for "already dark skin". The intensity of the oil just speeds to process up, so you don't have to lay out as long. Everyone's skin is different, so I can't promise this will work for everyone, but as someone who's incredibly pale, I've been able to become darker than everyone I know during the summer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment