Monday, August 31, 2015

For Oily Skin

I have very oily skin, I always have. I obviously love makeup and my breakouts would probably be practically non-existent if I didn't wear foundation. But, I'm never going to stop doing that, so..

I use bareMinerals Prime Time Primer before applying my foundation which I do believe reduced some of my breakouts since the foundation isn't directly clogging my pores anymore. A lot of primers are very greasy even if they are oil-free, and lead me to breakout. However, this one has worked great for me.

I started using Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation which is an oil-free, full coverage foundation. My breakouts have significantly lessened since I switched over to it. It's very thick and dry and gives me the flawless Barbie look that I love.

Before I get in the shower at the end of the day, I used Neutrogena makeup removing wipes. Then I use rubbing alcohol on my face (this is honestly the answer to everyone with oily skin, it removes all the oil) and once in the shower I use Cetaphil foaming face wash. It's an acne oil-control soap. You can buy it at WalMart and the bottle lasts forever.

Recently I've also began creating Honey Cinnamon masks. Literally all you need to do is pour honey and cinnamon into a bowl and mix it together, the amount doesn't really matter. I've switched it up and done more cinnamon less honey, and more honey less cinnamon. I don't really think it makes much of a difference either way. But it significantly helped. My face was worse than it had ever been and after my first application, my skin was literally flawless in the morning other than a few scabs from picking at my face. You can leave it on for 10-15 minutes on problem areas, but I usually do my whole face for an hour just to prevent future breakouts and to give it more time to work its magic.

While at WalMart I picked up a Lemon & Tea peel off face mask made by Gerber. It's $2 and you can get about 3 uses out of it and it worked so amazing. It says to leave it on for 10-15 minutes, but I leave it on for about an hour. You can wash it off if you're not into peeling it off, but it seems to clear up your face the best if you peel it off.

So, for my nightly routine in order..

1. Neutrogena makeup removing wipes
2. Rubbing alcohol all over the face
3. Cetaphil foaming face wash
4. Lemon & Tea peel off mask
5. Honey & Cinnamon homemade mask
6. Rubbing alcohol all over the face (optional)

Usually if I get up to go to the restroom at night I apply rubbing alcohol to my face before going back to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment